Makes 24 Cold Vegetarian Dried
Fruit Baked Fayre Canada Nth America North American
350g/+12oz Shortcrust Pastry
200g/7oz Brown Sugar
240ml/8fl.oz. Golden Syrup
A pinch of Salt
2 Eggs, beaten
1 teasp Vanilla Extract
1. Preheat the oven to 220C, 425F, Gas Mark 7. Roll out the pastry and use to
line 24 tart tins.
2. Place the raisins, butter, sugar, golden syrup and salt ion a large saucepan
and cook, stirring over a low heat until the butter is melted and the sugar has
just dissolved. Do not boil or allow the mixture to get too hot.
3. Remove the pan from heat and stir in the eggs and vanilla extract.
4. Spoon filling into tart shells, only filling each 2/3rds full then bake for
5. Reduce the heat to 180C, 350F, Gas Mark 4 and bake for a further 5 minutes.
Allow to cool before removing from tins.
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart. Why not print it off for future reference.
Convert all recipes written in metric or imperial quickly and easily. Metric/imperial users can do the same but the other way round - from
cups to grams or ounces.
introduce air into a mixture using a utensil such as a wooden spoon, fork or
whisk, in order to achieve a lighter texture.
- to - The process where sugar and softened butter are beaten together
with a wooden spoon, until the mixture is light, pale and well blended. This
process may also be carried out with a hand held mixer or in a food processor.
- The incorporation of fat into flour.Butter is cubed then gently rubbed between the thumb and
forefinger, lifting the mixing at the same time, until the fat is fully
incorporated and the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.