approx. 24 Biscuits
Vegetarian Spices dried Fruit Baked Fayre Teatime
1 large Egg
1 teasp Vanilla Extract
1 tbsp Milk
150g/+5oz Brown Sugar
15g/2oz Granulated Sugar
50g/2oz rolled oats
100g/4oz Self Raising Flour
¼ teasp Ground Cinnamon
A pinch of Salt
50g/2oz dried cranberries
50g/2oz dried Blueberries
1. In a small bowl, mix together the eggs, vanilla and milk.
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugars
until light fluffy then gradually beat in the egg mixture a little
at a time.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the oats, flour, cinnamon, salt
and cranberries then add to butter mixture and stir until combined.
4. Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes until firm.
5. Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, Gas Mark 4 and line some baking
sheets with parchment paper.
6. Remove the dough from the fridge, divide the dough in half then
sprinkle with flour then turn onto a well floured work surface and
roll each half into a log about 1½ inches in diameter.
7. Slice each log into biscuits about 12mm/ ½ inch thick. Place on
the parchment lined baking sheets leaving a good 3.5cm/1 ½ inches
between the biscuits as they will spread during the baking, and bake
for 10 to 14 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Allow to cool a little then transfer to a wire rack to cool
completely. The biscuits will crisp up as they cool.
- to - The process where sugar and softened butter are beaten together
with a wooden spoon, until the mixture is light, pale and well blended. This
process may also be carried out with a hand held mixer or in a food processor.