Berry Mint Muffins
Veg CD CBF 60mins plus cooling
Makes 12 Cold Vegetarian Fruit Cakes Baked Fayre
225g/8oz Berries e.g. Raspberries, Blueberries, Blackberries
225g/8oz Self Raising Flour
½ teasp Salt
1 tbsp Freshly Chopped Mint Leaves
175g/6oz Caster Sugar
2 Eggs, beaten
1 teasp Vanilla Extract
1. Preheat the oven to 190C, 375F, Gas mark 5 and lightly oil a 12 hole muffin
tin. In a bowl, mash two thirds of the berries, keeping the remaining one third
whole. Set aside.
2. Place the flour, salt and mint in a large mixing bowl and mix well. Set
3. In a separate mixing bowl, cream together butter and caster sugar.
4. Add the eggs, a little at a time, mixing well between each addition then add
the vanilla and half the milk and mix well.
5. Add the mashed berries and mix well.
6. Add half the flour mixture, mix briefly then add the rest of the milk and the
rest of the flour mixture, mix but just enough to moisten the dry
7. Quickly fold in the whole berries then spoon the mixture into the prepared
muffin tin. Sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 25 to 35 minutes.
8. Allow to cool for 10 minutes then remove from the tin and cool on a wire
Cake Recipes | Bread
& Bun Recipes |
Biscuit & Pastries Recipes
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart. Why not print it off for future reference.