Banana and Prune
Muffins Veg CD CBF 40mins
Makes 6 large or 12 small
muffins Cold Vegetarian Fruit Cakes
50g/2oz Butter or Margarine, softened
100g/4oz Caster Sugar
2 Medium Bananas, mashed
1 teasp Vanilla Extract
175g/6oz Plain Flour
1 teasp Baking Powder
A pinch of Salt
½ teasp Ground Cinnamon
100g/4oz Pitted Ready to eat Prunes
1. Preheat the oven to 190C, 375F, Gas Mark 5 and lightly grease a 6 or 12 hole
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar, then add the egg
and blend well. The mixture may curdle but don’t worry about it.
3. Stir in the mash banana and vanilla extract.
4. In another large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon then add the
butter mixture, stirring until just moistened. Do not over mix.
5. Fold in prunes then spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 20
to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.
Cake Recipes | Bread
& Bun Recipes |
Biscuit & Pastries Recipes
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.