dish is often eaten for breakfast and can have added ingredients layered with
the cheese such as spinach.
sheets of Phyllo Pastry
Bulgarian White Cheese or Feta
of Melted Butter
1. Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, Gas Mark 4 and lightly
butter a wide deep ovenproof dish. The dish should preferably be the
same length and width as a sheets of phyllo.
2. Place a sheet of phyllo pastry in the bottom of the prepared
dish, bush with melted butter then sprinkle with some of the
crumbled white cheese. Continue the layers in the same way, ending
with a layer of buttered pastry.
3. Place the eggs, salt, and soda water in a mixing bowl and beat
well then slowly pour the mixture over the layered cheese/pastry.
4. Set aside for 10 minutes then bake for about 40 minutes until
slightly risen and browned.
5. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool for about 30 minutes