Veal Chops with Green Peppercorn Sauce Recipe
HT MC Madagascan 25mins
Serves 4 Hot Veal
Beef Main Course Gluten Wheat free Eggless Madagascar
4 Veal Chops
Salt and Black Pepper
2 tbsp Butter
1 tbsp Olive Oil
2 tbsp Green Peppercorns in Brine, drained
2 tbsp Brandy
50ml/2fl.oz Fresh Chicken Stock
120ml/4fl.oz. Double Cream
1. Preheat the oven to 200C, 400F, Gas Mark6 and season the veal chops with
2. Heat the butter and the olive oil in a large frying pan until very hot then
add the veal chops and brown on both sides.
3. Transfer to the chops to a shallow ovenproof dish using a pair of tongs or a
slotted spoon, and roast in the oven for 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile add the green peppercorns to the remaining juices in the frying pan
and heat over a low heat while you warm the brandy in a separate small saucepan.
4. Carefully ignite the warm brandy and pour into the frying pan.
5. Once the flames have subsided, add the stock and boil, stirring for 1 minute.
6. Add the cream, mix well then continue to cook for 3-4 minutes until the sauce
7. Adjust the seasoning of the sauce then pour over the cooked veal chops. Serve
More Beef Recipes |
General Beef/Veal Preparations
| More Madagascan