Tournedos Rossini Recipe HT
Offal Alcohol Main Course
1 tbsp Olive Oil
4 slices of White Bread, crusts removed
4 tournedos of Beef
Filet Mignon (tournedos)
Salt and Black Pepper
4 x 50g/2oz slices of Raw Foie Gras
2 tbsp Port
1 tbsp Brandy
1 tbsp Madeira
2 fresh Black Truffles, thinly sliced
190ml/6fl.oz. Beef or Veal Stock
1. Preheat the oven to warm.
2. Cut the slices of bread into circles a little larger
than the circumference of the beef tournedos then heat half the butter and a
little of the oil in a frying pan, add the bread and fry until golden brown on
both sides. Drain on kitchen paper and place on a heatproof serving platter.
3. Meanwhile, heat the remaining butter and oil in
another large frying pan. Season the beef with salt and pepper then add to the
pan and sauté for 3 minutes on each side.
Remove from the pan with tongs, place each on top of the fried bread and
place in the oven to keep warm.
4. Add the foie gras to the pan and sauté for 1 minute
on each side, depending on the thickness. Remove
from the pan with tongs, place once slice on each tournedos and return to the
oven to keep warm.
5. Add the port, brandy and Madeira to the pan and
bring to the boil, scraping up any bits in the bottom of the pan then boil until
reduced by half.
6. Add the stock and sliced truffles,
bring back to the boil and continue to boil rapidly for about 5 minutes
– pour the sauce over the top of the tournedos.
Beef/Veal Recipes | General
Beef Prep & Cooking Times |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.