A Weekday Menu Recipe
Steak with Polenta and Salsa
Hot Beef Meat Herbs Vegetables Main Course Gluten Wheat Dairy
150g/+5oz Polenta (cornmeal)
1 tbsp Freshly Chopped Oregano
4 Tomatoes, chopped
15cm/6-inches Cucumber, diced
1 Red Onion, finely chopped
1 Garlic Clove, crushed
1 Green Chilli, chopped
2 tbsp Freshly Chopped Coriander
1 tbsp Lime Juice
Salt and Black Pepper
A little oil
4 x 175g/6oz Steaks, e.g. rump, fillet, rib eye
1. Place the water in a large saucepan and bring to the boil. Gradually sprinkle
in the polenta and oregano, mixing vigorously with a wooden spoon until smooth.
2. Turn the mixture onto a work surface or board and shape into a flat circle
about 20cm/8 inches in diameter. Leave for 10 minutes until set.
3. Meanwhile, place the tomatoes, cucumber, onion, garlic, chilli, coriander,
lime juice, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl and mix well. Set aside.
4. Preheat the grill to hot. Brush the steak with a little oil, season with salt
and pepper then place on the grill rack and grill for 2 – 5 minutes on each
side, depending on how well done you like your meat.
5. Meanwhile, heat a nonstick pan until hot. Cut the polenta into 4 wedges and
dry-fry for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown. Don’t try to move the
wedges around before 2 minutes cooking time is up or they’ll fall apart.
6. To serve – place the polenta onto individual serving plates, top with the
salsa, then place the steak on the side. Serve immediately.
Serving Suggestions :
More Beef Recipes |
General Beef Preparations