A Weekday Menu Recipe
with Balsamic Prune Sauce HT MC
Serves 4 Hot Beef Fruit Main Course Gluten Wheat Dairy Free
4 Beef Steaks, e.g. Rump, Sirloin, Tenderloin
1 teasp coarsely ground Black Pepper
175g/6oz Ready to eat Prunes
180ml/6fl.oz. Fresh Beef Stock
8 Spring Onions, finely chopped – Green and White parts separated
90ml/3fl.oz. Balsamic Vinegar
1 heaped teasp Cornflour
1. Preheat the grill to hot. Season the steaks with pepper the grill for 3 - 8
minutes per side depending on how well done you like your meat.
2. Meanwhile, place the prunes, half the beef stock, the white parts of the
onions and the balsamic vinegar in a small saucepan, bring to the boil then
reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix the cornflour with a little water to form a
thin paste then add the remaining beef stock and mix well.
4. Add the cornflour mixture to the saucepan containing the prune mixture and
cook for a few minutes, stirring constantly, until thickened. Taste and season
with salt if necessary.
5. To serve – transfer the steaks to a serving platter, spoon sauce over steaks
and sprinkle with the green parts of the spring onions.
Portuguese Fried Potatoes
More Beef Recipes |
General Beef/Veal Preparations
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart. Why not print it off for future reference.
Convert all recipes written in metric or imperial quickly and easily.