HT CD MC 285mins plus cooling
Hot Cold Beef Spices Vegetables
Roast Main Course Gluten Wheat Dairy Free Eggless
1 x 1.8kg/4 lb piece Salted Silverside
1 Onion, thickly sliced
2 Carrots, thickly sliced
2 sticks of Celery, thickly sliced
100g/4oz Brown Sugar
1 teasp Mustard (check ingredients)
1 teasp Ground Cinnamon
The juice of 1 Orange
1 tbsp Water
1. Soak the meat for several hours or overnight, then rinse and place in a large
saucepan together with the vegetables. Cover with water and bring slowly to the
2. Remove any scum then cover with a
lid and simmer for 3½ hours until tender.
3. Remove from the heat and allow to cool in the liquid.
4. Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, gas Mark 4. Remove the cold meat from the
saucepan and transfer to a roasting tin. Discard the cooking liquor and
5. Stick the cloves into the top of
the meat, spacing them equally apart.
6. Mix together the sugar, mustard,
cinnamon, orange juice and water in a small bowl then spread over the
4. Bake for 1 hour, basting from time to time.
Serve hot or cold.
More Beef Recipes |
General Beef Preparations
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.