Soutzoukakia HT MC
Serves 6 Hot Beef
Vegetables herbs Main Course
Dairy Free Greece Europe Mediterranean
1kg/2 lb Minced Beef
1 Onion, finely chopped
Salt and Pepper
1 tbsp freshly chopped Oregano
½ teasp Ground Cumin
Plain Flour for dusting
Olive Oil for shallow frying
2 x 400g/14oz tins Chopped Tomatoes
2 teasp Sugar
1. Place the minced meat eggs, onion, oregano, cumin, salt and pepper in a
large mixing bowl and mix well, using your hands to squish the mixture together.
2. Using damp hands, form into ovals about 5cm/2-inches long and 2.5cm/1-inch
thick then roll in the flour to coat evenly, shaking off any excess flour.
3. Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the meatballs and cook over a high
heat, turning frequently, for 10 minutes.
4. Add the entire contents of the tins of tomatoes together with the sugar,
mix well, bring to the simmer and cook for a further 15 minutes over medium
heat. Serve hot.
More Beef Recipes |
General Beef Preparations
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.