Rice with Beef and
Vegetables HT MC
Korean Name: Bibimbap
Serves 4 Hot Beef Vegetables
Grains Main Course Dairy Free Korea Asia Asian
675g/1 ½ lb
1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
100g/4oz Minced Beef
2 teasp Soy Sauce
Salt and Pepper
1 Garlic Clove, crushed
cut into 2.5cm/1-inch slices
Spinach or Bellflower
50g/2oz Bean Sprouts
4 Shiitake Mushrooms, sliced
1/2 Carrot, julienne
Vegetable oil for sallow frying
4 Lettuce Leaves
Seasoned Chilli Paste to serve
1. Place the rice in a large bowl, cover with water and leave to soak for 30
2. After the soaking time, drain the rice well and place in a large saucepan
together 840ml/26fl.oz of water, bring them to the boil and continue to boil for
3. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 5 minutes without removing the lid.
4. Meanwhile, season the meat with the soy sauce, garlic, salt and pepper. Heat
1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a frying pan or wok, add the beef and stir-fry
for a few minutes until cooked. Keep warm.
5. In a separate frying pan or wok, heat 2 teaspoons of sesame oil in a wok or
frying pan until very hot, add the cucumber and stir-fry for 1 minute only.
Transfer to a large plate to cool.
6. Add a little more sesame oil to the wok/frying pan, heat until very hot then
stir-fry the spinach or bellflower roots. Remove from the pan and repeat the
process with the bean sprouts, mushrooms and carrots – cooking each separately.
7. Heat some vegetable oil in a large frying pan and fry the eggs sunny-side-up.
8. To serve - Place the lettuce leaves in individual bowls. Place a mound of
rice in the centre of each bowl then arrange the other ingredients around the
rice, keeping them separate. Finally place the fried egg on top of the rice
mound and serve immediately with seasoned chilli paste which diners can help
More Beef Recipes |
General Beef/Veal Preparations
More Korean Recipes