Pot Roasted Beef
HT MC 165mins
Hot Beef Vegetables Herbs Main
Course Dairy Free Eggless
1 x 1.2kg/2½ lb Rolled Brisket Joint
2 tbsp Oil
4 Whole Shallots
2 large Carrots, cut into 5cm/2-inch pieces
225g/8oz Turnips, cut into 5cm/2-inch chunks
225g/8oz Swede, cut into 5cm/2-inch chunks
225g/8oz Potatoes cut into 5cm/2-inch chunks
1 tbsp Fresh Thyme Leaves
1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
Salt and Black Pepper
1 tbsp Tomato paste
1 Bay Leaf
1. Preheat the oven to 150C, 300F, Gas Mark 2. Heat the oil in a large
oven-proof casserole and brown the meat on all sides. Remove the meat from the
pan with tongs and set aside.
2. Reheat the oil in the casserole, add the shallots and carrot and and fry for
3. Add the remaining vegetables and thyme to the
casserole, mix well, then place the meat on top of the vegetables.
4. Place the stock, the Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and
tomato past in a measuring jug, mix well then pout over the meat.
5. Add the bay leaf and bring to the boil then
cover with a tight-fitting lid and cook in the oven for 2½ hours.
If you wish you can pour off the cooking liquor at the end of the cooking
time and thicken with cornflour before serving.
More Beef Recipes |
General Beef Preparations
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.