Portuguese Beef and Onions HT MC Portuguese 45mins
Portuguese name: Bifes De Cebolada
Serves 4 Hot
Meat Main Course Gluten Wheat Dairy free Eggless Portugal
1 tbsp Olive Oil
450g/1lb Beef Steak (rump, sirloin, fillet), cut into very thin slices
2 Large Onions, thinly sliced
2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
450g/1 lb Tomatoes, chopped
1 tbsp freshly Chopped Parsley
1 Bay Leaf
Salt and Black Pepper
Freshly chopped Coriander (cilantro) to garnish
1. Heat the oil in a large frying pan until very hot, add the beef and fry for
2-3 minutes to seal on all sides.
2. Add onion, garlic, tomatoes, parsley, and bay leaf, season with salt and
pepper and heat to simmering point. Reduce the heat to low, cover and cook for
3. Remove the lid, raise the heat, bring to the boil and continue to boil
rapidly, uncovered for 5 minutes to reduce the amount of liquid.
4. Serve hot sprinkled with fresh coriander.
More Beef Recipes |
General Beef/Veal Preparations
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.