Catalan Chocolate Veal Stew
HT MC Spanish 115mins
Serves 4 Hot Veal Meat Vegetables
Spices Alcohol Eggless Spain Europe
60ml/2fl.oz. Olive Oil
900g/2 lb Stewing Veal, cubed
1 tbsp Plain Flour
240ml/8fl.oz. Red Wine
4 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced
2 Onions, chopped
2 Tomatoes, chopped
1 Carrot, sliced
1 Stick of Celery, chopped
360ml/12fl.oz. Fresh Stock
25g/1oz Dark Chocolate (70% cocoa solids), grated
¼ teasp Ground Cinnamon
Salt and Pepper
1. Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan then add the meat and brown on all
2. Sprinkle the flour evenly over the meat and cook, stirring for 1 minutes.
3. Add the wine, stir then add the garlic, onions, tomatoes, carrot and celery
and mix well before stirring in the stock, grated chocolate, cinnamon, salt and
4. Turn the heat to low, cover the pan and simmer for about 1½ hours until the
meat is very tender stirring from time to time.
More Beef Recipes
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.