MC Venezuelan 75mins
Serves 4 Hot Beef
Vegetables Herbs Main Course Dairy free Eggless Venezuela Sth America South American
675g/1 ˝ lb Beef Steak (e.g. rump, sirloin)
3 Bay Leaves
Water or Stock
2 tbsp Oil
1 Onion, chopped
4 Garlic Cloves, chopped
1 Green Capsicum (Sweet Pepper), deseeded and chopped
6 Tomatoes , chopped
˝ teasp Wine Vinegar
1 tbsp Adobo
1. Place meat in a large saucepan together with the bay leaves, cover with water
or stock, bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer for about 30 minutes
or until very tender.
2. Remove the beef from the pan and when cool enough to handle, shred into
3. Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the onion and garlic and sauté for 5
minutes until softened.
4. Add the peppers, tomatoes, salt, vinegar, adobo and shredded meat, mix well
and bring to the boil.
5. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for about 30 minutes. Serve hot.
Beef/Veal Recipes | General
Beef Prep & Cooking Times |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.