Beef with Okra
HT MC Egyptian 60mins
Egyptian Name: Bamya
Serves 4 Hot Beef Vegetables
Spices Main Course Gluten Wheat Dairy free Eggless
Egypt North Africa Nth African
450g/1lb Lean Beef
480ml/16fl.oz. Fresh Beef Stock
575g/1 ¼ lb Okra
2 Chillies, finely chopped
5 Garlic Cloves
1 teasp Ground Coriander
1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
Salt and Pepper
1. Cut the beef into small cubes no more than 12mm/½ inch and place in a
saucepan together with the stock. Bring to the boil then reduce the heat and
simmer for 20-30 minutes, or until tender.
2. Remove the meat from the stock using a slotted spoon and set aside.
3. Add the okra and chillies to the stock and simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, place the garlic, coriander, oil and salt in a mortar and grind to
a paste. Set aside
5. Once the okra are very soft, mash (including the stock) with a fork.
6. Add the meat to mashed okra together with the garlic paste, mix well and
simmer for 5 minutes Stirring from time to time. Serve hot.
More Egyptian Recipes
Beef/Veal Recipes | General
Beef Prep & Cooking Times |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.