Onion and Goats Cheese Quiche Veg HT CD PIC MC 65mins
Hot Cold Vegetarian
Course Picnics Savoury Tart
Onions, thinly sliced
Goat Cheese, crumbled
and Black Pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 200C, 400F, Gas Mark 6.
2. Roll out the pastry to 6mm/ ¼ inch thickness and use to line a 20cm/8
inch flan tin. Prick the bottom of the
pastry all over with a fork, line the pastry case
with greaseproof paper, fill with baking beans and bake in the oven for 10
minutes then remove the paper and the beans and bake for a
further 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a small pan, add the onions and fry
gently over a very low heat until the onions are soft and transparent. Drain
away the excess butter and allow the onions to cool slightly.
4. In a bowl, beat together the eggs, cream and goats' cheese and season
with salt and pepper.
5. Add the cooled onions to the egg mixture, mix well then pour the
mixture into the baked pastry case. Reduce the oven temperature to 150C, 300F,
Gas Mark 2 and bake in the oven for 35-45 minutes or until the filling is set
and golden brown.
Serve hot or cold.
| Summer Recipes | What's
Main equipment required to make this
20cm/8 inch flan tin
Small frying pan
Key techniques required to make this
To prick - To make small shallow holes in food
with a fork or the tip of a small sharp knife mainly to
allow for the escape of moisture during cooking