Blue Cheese and Chicken Salad
10mins plus soaking and chilling
Fruit Alcohol Vegetables Grains
2 tbsp Sweet Sherry
250g/9oz Boneless cooked Chicken, shredded
50g/2oz Radishes, sliced
100g/4oz cooked Brown Rice
2 Sticks Celery, sliced
100g/4oz Shropshire Blue or Stilton Cheese, cubed
1 large Dessert Apple
1 tbsp Lemon Juice
150g/5oz Natural Yoghurt
2 tbsp Mayonnaise
Fresh Watercress sprigs to garnish
1. Soak the sultanas in the sherry for at least 1 hour.
2. In a large bowl mix together the chicken, radishes, rice, celery,
cheese and drained sultanas.
3. Core and dice the apple and toss in the lemon juice then add it to the
bowl containing the chicken mixture. Mix well and
refrigerate until ready to serve.
4. In a small bowl, mix together the yoghurt and mayonnaise, cover and
ready to serve.
5. To serve - give the mayonnaise mixture another stir
then pour over the chicken and cheese salad and toss
well. Garnish with watercress sprigs.